LIME REALTY GROUP decided to post some safety tips for you and your kids this upcoming Halloween. After all, it’s better to be safe than sorry. Most of these are great tips for kids, but you never know where a good idea for extra safety might appear and if it will make the difference in saving a kid from a disastrous night.
1. Always cross the street at corners using traffic signals and crosswalks.
2. Look left, right and left again when crossing and keep looking as you cross.
3. Put electronic devices away while you’re walking and keep your head up.
4. Make eye contact with a driver before you cross in front of them.
5. Always walk on sidewalks or paths. If there are no sidewalks, walk facing traffic as far to the left as possible. Try to walk on direct routes with the fewest street crossings.
6. Watch for cars that are turning or backing up. Never dart out into the street or cross between two parked cars.
7. Children should always trick or treat with an adult. If you feel your kids are old enough to go out without adult supervision, they should stick to neighborhoods and areas that are familiar, well lit and trick or treat with a group of friends.
8. Decorate costumes and bags with reflective tape or stickers. If possible, choose light colors and make sure it’s the right size to avoid tripping or falling.
9. Choose face paint and make up instead of masks. Masks can sometimes obstruct a child’s vision.
10. Have kids carry glow sticks or flashlight to help them see and be seen by drivers.
Those are great tips for kids safety, now here’s a new one… We have some tips for those of you who might be driving Halloween night…
1. Slow down and be especially alert in residential neighborhoods. Children are excited on Halloween and may move in unpredictable ways.
2. Take extra time to watch for kids at intersections, medians and curbs.
3. Enter and exit driveways and alleys slowly and carefully.
4. Eliminate any distractions in your car so you can concentrate on the road and your surroundings.
5. Drive slowly, anticipate pedestrian traffic and turn your headlights on earlier in the day to spot children from greater distances.
6. Popular trick or treating hours are 5:30pm to 9:30pm so be especially alert for kids during those hours.
If you follow these tips and start the day knowing you’re going to be more careful and cautious, you should have a happy and healthy Halloween. It’s all part of taking care of each other and being a part of the community. The respect you show for your friends and neighbors is the same respect you’ll be shown in return.
Be good and enjoy this wonderful holiday with your kids! Don’t forget, Lime is the clear choice for real estate in Southern Utah!