LIME REALTY GROUP is a responsible community partner and with the 4th right around the corner, we thought it was time to do our bit in keeping the community safe.
The city and county have issued their 2015 fireworks restrictions and today we’d like to include a link to the interactive map showing you where you can or can’t do your fireworks this year.
You can view the map by going to this link:
For those of you who don’t have time to look at the map, here are some guidelines and tips to keep in mind.
No fireworks of any kind are to be used within 250 feet of the following areas:
– dry washes and drainages
– river and stream corridors
– hillsides, plateaus and mesa tops
– undeveloped open spaces or natural terrain
Here are some safety tips as well:
– use only fireworks purchased in the state of Utah from licensed dealers or retailers.
– use only with responsible adult supervision at all times.
– never allow young children to handle fireworks.
– light the fireworks in an open area and on a non-combustible surface such as a driveway or paved area.
– if windy conditions exist do not light fireworks.
– keep a bucket of water nearby.
– handle used and “dud” fireworks with a shovel.
– soak fireworks thoroughly in a bucket of water or hose prior to disposal.
– keep clear while lighting fireworks… do not lean over them at any time.
– do not relight “dud” fireworks.
– watch out for your pets and animals. Keep them indoors and away from the show.
– check for any restrictions that may apply to your area.
Follow these useful tips and you should have a safe and happy holiday!
Remember, Lime is the best choice for real estate in the Southern Utah area. Make the smart choice. Choose Lime.