LIME REALTY GROUP wants to wish all of you a Happy Halloween! And to make sure it stays happy, here’s a list of safety tips!
For kids walking around:
1) Always cross the street at corners using traffic signals and crosswalks.
2) Look left, right and left again when crossing and keep looking as you cross.
3) Put electronic devices away while you’re walking and keep your head up.
4) Make eye contact with drivers before you walk in front of them.
5) Always walk on sidewalks or paths. Avoid areas without sidewalks. If you must go without a sidewalk, stay as far to the left of traffic as possible.
6) Watch for cars that are turning or backing up. Never walk into the street between two cars.
7) Always trick or treat with an adult. Older kids should stay in neighborhoods or areas they are familiar with.
8) Use reflective tape on costumes and bags.
9) Choose face paint instead of masks as masks can obstruct vision.
10) Have your kids carry glow sticks.
And for those of you driving tonight…
1) Slow down and be especially alert in residential areas.
2) Take extra time to watch for kids at intersections, medians and curbs.
3) Enter and exit driveways slowly and safely.
4) Eliminate any distractions in your car so you can concentrate on the road and your surroundings.
5) Drive slowly, anticipate pedestrian traffic and turn your headlights on earlier in the day to spot children from greater distances.
6) Popular trick or treating hours are 5:30pm to 9:30 pm so be especially alert for kids during those hours.
If you follow these tips, you’ll have a safe and Happy Halloween!